The AT3 SPEAR™ is our best, most secure handguard. Simple to install, lightweight, and easy on the wallet.
The slim free-float design enhances accuracy while minimizing the weight of your rifle. M-LOK attachment slots and included rail section provide unlimited options for accessorizing your build. And with an available Billet Upper to perfectly match the slim profile, the SPEAR (Slim Profile Ergonomic Adjustable Rail) creates a unique look to set your rifle apart.
With 9″, 12”, or 15” lengths available, the SPEAR handguard is ideal for customizing your next AR-15 build or upgrading an existing rifle. If you’re starting from a stock rifle, make sure you purchase a Low Profile Gas Block with the handguard.
Lightweight & Durable
- Slim and lightweight M-LOK design, with attachment, points at the 3, 6, & 9 o’clock positions and lightened Picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position
- Durable 6061 aircraft aluminum alloy construction – designed to take a beating
- Picatinny top rail perfectly aligns with AR-15 flat-top upper receivers, both forged and our AT3 Billet Upper
- Handguard uses screws to clamp around the barrel nut, with anti-rotation tabs and anti-slip screws that ensure a rock-solid lockup
Easy to Install
- Installs clean and secure with only a few simple steps – all you’ll need is a torque wrench, vise block, and vise.
- Perfect for assembling a new build or upgrading an existing rifle – it’s compatible with most upper receivers on the market
- Once you’ve got it installed, you’ll have plenty of room for M-LOK accessories and adapters
- Seriously, it’s easy. Check out our video below for a guide on the complete installation.
Exceptional Fit and Finish
- Durable matte-black anodized finish resists scratches and provides an attractive surface that matches the rest of your build
- Vented top rail reduces weight and dissipates heat from shooting
- Finger grooves down the length of the handguard provide a more ergonomic hold and a unique look
- Fully dehorned and free of burrs and other sharp snag points
- Proudly made in the USA
- Backed by the AT3 Lifetime Warranty
Full kit – includes all mounting hardware, plus one M-LOK 5-Slot Rail section and barrel nut wrench.
Note: most rifle setups will require the use of a low profile gas block that sits under the handguard.
Included in the box:
Handguard with aluminum barrel nut and all mounting hardware, one 5-slot M-LOK to-Picatinny rail, hex wrenches for handguard and rail sections, and barrel nut wrench.
- Rifle Type: AR-15 (If you have a .308 AR variant, check out our AR-10 / .308 page)
- Material: 6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- Included Rail Sections: One Aluminum Picatinny Rail Section – 1 3/4” Length, 5 slots
- Finish: Hard-coat anodized (matte black) or Cerakote – Magpul FDE, Stealth Grey, OD Green, and Prison Pink
- Handguard inside diameter: 1.35”
- Barrel nut inside diameter: 1.02” (compatible with barrels up to 1” diameter)
- 9″ Handguard – 8.3 oz (handguard only) / 9.9 oz (with hardware)
- 12″ Handguard – 9.3 oz (handguard only) / 10.9oz (with hardware)
- 15″ Handguard – 10.3oz (handguard only) / 11.9oz (with hardware)
- Actual Handguard Length
- 9″ – 9.25″
- 12″ – 12.0″
- 15″ – 15.0″
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will this fit my AR-15?
The SPEAR is specially designed for use with our matching Billet Upper Receiver as well as the majority of mil-spec AR-15’s on the market. In most instances, it will also require the use of a low-profile gas block that fits underneath the rail.
This product will not work with non-mil-spec upper receivers like the Bushmaster Carbon due to the non-standard barrel threads, and it is not compatible with most piston kits as they won’t fit under the handguard.
We’re always glad to verify the fit for your rifle, just contact us! And if it doesn’t fit, we are glad to return it for you. And if you’re new to AR-15, we recommend watching a couple of the videos on our installation video page to understand how the process works.
Want to see the SPEAR in action? Check out 704 Tactical’s Review!
What tools and additional parts are required?
For parts – most setups will require a low profile gas block.
For tools – we recommend:
- A vise and non-marring vise block for holding the upper
- A torque wrench to assure you stay in the AR-15 barrel nut torque range while timing the barrel nut (30-60 ft lbs)